Cookie Monstered

Hung up my sneakers today-
No walk
No run.

That means I'm out~
I've been Cookie Monstered

Cookie Challenge lasted
One week-
ONE week?
That sounds weak..







But looking at my last few weeks of training
I feel better.



















Yesterday had me feeling
Those hill repeats from the day before.

I needed a rest.
But really wanted to get those 3 challenge miles in.
So tired.

Surely I could improvise.













Yeah-----
THAT didn't work











Headed out
It's only 3 miles
People run 3 in under a half hour alllllll the time....

Surely tonight was my night to break the pace barrier

With daddy still out of town on business,
Had to stay close
My route
Up and down my block

1.2 miles had my body telling me to STOP
No records broken tonight

Stopped in to check on kiddos
Amazing how America's funniest Home Videos
Get kids belly laughing

Back out
Walked
Should have called it a night
Guess it was a pride thing

Gimped my way up and down
High fiving my ugly car
Who cheered me on each time I passed.




















I suddenly had a new found respect for that car
The older kids named her Maria
When she was shiny and new

Loyal
Always ready

But over the years
A little worn
Paint not so good

Our littlest Molly
Never knowing her given name
Dubbed her "The Dorky Car"
Sad.

I'll correct her next time

"Look for the joy"
"Find the fun"

I kept telling myself.

But the neighborhood was dark

There was nothing new

Up and down
Back and forth

Only .3 miles left
I couldn't quit now.

One more pass and I'd be done
The light  from the streetlamp
Glowed brighter


Pampas Grass




















3 miles
Done



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's happening

13.1 Montage

Stretch