Run- Stop- Sigh........

Sunday
Sunrise was breathtaking
Our walk through the park
Found us stopping
To soak in the beauty
And try our hand at capturing it-























That was at 6:30-am

At 3:00pm we were back
NMRunnerGirl and her friend Hilary
My sis-in-law and her daughter Kailey (5)
I had Molly (4) in tow too!

I just signed the family up for a fun run in February
If you are from our neck of the woods (farmington, NM)
Sign up! (it's free!!!!)

Going to try to get the kiddos out
To log a few miles
So the Fun Run is just that when it gets here.

Molly is a sprinter
Then a 'stopper'

It's sooo funny to see her
All out 'gun it'
Then down-right refuse to move another step.

Funny, as in, now that it's Monday
Yesterday, not so much

I've had a bit of a nagging back
And yesterday the back added a hip ache

Pesky- these aches can be

Exacerbated by stopping and starting
Yes
I didn't find as much joy in the exercise
I kept trying to 'fix' her.
"Run like mommy-" I kept saying
"Slow and steady..wiggle woggle"
I said trying to make up a nonsense word
To make my approach sound fun.

Nope

Run
Stop

Run
Stop

Sigh.....

Halfway through
I saw my sis-in law Jen with her
Her sweet patience and encouragement for Kailey

Made me see the error of my ways



















I remembered my first few training runs
Some short 6 months ago
Looked an awful lot like Molly's run today

Run
Stop

Run
Stop

Sigh....

I picked up my Moll's
Carried her on my back
Carried her on my shoulders

Put her back down
Set her free


She ran.......................


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's happening

13.1 Montage

Stretch