The Sis Ran Away with the Flu

The flu has hit our house.
Not the week long flu everyone else's house seems to be getting.
Ours is just the 16 hour sort.
I know most people would say-
"you mean 24 hour?"
But no, it's just 16,
Because by dinner time the next day, The kid that WAS sick,
Is now bouncing OFF the walls
Full of newfound energy and craziness.

First it hit R. my middle. He's smack in the middle of a sister sandwich. Poor guy (on account of of the sister sandwich, not the flu)

But he weathered it well- and the next day found him home from school with me feeling a bit bored.

Next it was my littlest M
She, poor thing,
Woke up on account
She'd been sick in her sleep.
But by morning she was healed


So far my oldest has been spared
She must be the disease carrier
That suits her personality

DH and I, well, we are feeling puny
Off and on
Sympathy sickness I presume

And what of running?
Ran Monday,
Ran Tuesday,
Off Wednesday
Ran Thursday-
Today is Friday, have yet to run
Planning a 14 Miler for Saturday

We shall see

I do think that running
Keeps us a bit less prone to sickness

Do you agree?




Comments

Tennille said…
I totally agree. I had a head cold in the beginning of October for 2 days...everyone else had it for 2 weeks. I was in the highest mileage part of marathon training and just ran through it. Felt fine. That's the only time I have even been close to sick since I started running in April/May.

Popular posts from this blog

13.1 Montage

It's happening

Stretch