endorphin hunt

Tonight  i couldn't shake the feeling
I was missing something

Blue
Down
Blah

Any which way you describe it
It feels the same

Not that I'm full blown depressed
Think it would take alot
To beat this sanguine girl down

But

Sigh

When you want to run
You want to run

This afternoons try
Failed

I DID punt
Thankful for a gym class, a swim

But

Sigh

I need to run
Or at least pretend to run
After all
I did recently coin the phrase-
"Flexibility is a life skill"
Right?

Saw 2 bills hubby had asked me to mail

Our neighborhood box unit
Is a block or so away
hmmmmmmm

Tennis shoes on

But left jeans and cute sweater and scarf on
NOOOOOO running gear
Even borrowed hubby's sweatshirt
So as to throw off bad running karma
Or Puck
Whatever/whoever it was/is that was giving me fits

Down the block I jogged
Oh I LOVE a warm up jog

Usually I start going up
Today's route
(albeit tiny)
Started down

I love the feel of your breath
As it starts to quicken
reminding you your work is being done

Lovely, lovey run

Yes,
The gimp is there
Yes, yes, yes

But it felt so
Nice
To find what I was looking for

That the gym couldn't give me
Swimming
No

Took just a jaunt of a jog
Block and a half
Down and back
To find it

Endorphin hunt.....

Success!




Comments

Tennille said…
Ah. I hope your back gets better soon!!! We all were born to run...more.

Popular posts from this blog

13.1 Montage

It's happening

Stretch