Let the bragging commence!

Soooooooo
I have to brag.

My hubby is starting to "get" the whole running thing


  • Sending me out to get miles in while he gets the kids ready for bed

  • Not making weird comments about the whole foam roller thing

  • Letting me sign up for races.
         
The other day he asks
"What if I buy you that Garmin thing you've been wanting for Valentine's day-
Would that be OK?"

Would that be OK?
Running jewlery for Valentine's Day?!
Holy Hallelujah, YES!!!!!

And so he did.











Meet- Penelope Jane
PJ for short if you want a nickname
OK
It's a recycled name

The name Penelope is this name I picked out
While we were trying to decide on a lovely name for our firstborn.

I LOVE THAT NAME!
DH did not

Name was thrown out

Thought about a children's book with Penelope
As this zaney child super hero
Penelope Jane -defender of .....
Yeah, I can't even write a complete sentance
Book deal never happened.


Garmin it is-


Garmin, I mean Penelope
Is a 110
My biggest fear was that it wouldn't give me an idea
Of my current pace.
It does!

The heart monitor is comfy

The only wonky thing is
That I wear it 'face in'











It's easier for me  to sneak a peek that way.

The other weird thing
It measures distances about .2 shorter
Than my previous app of choice- Endomondo

This is not worrisome, just interesting.
I ran a long run today
(blog post to follow- it was a good run)
Garmin said 13.3
Endomondo said 15.6
Crazy -right?










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

13.1 Montage

It's happening

Stretch