Makeup miles & a Sunday stroll

Sunday Feb19th,
My running chart has been looking a bit sparse
Life is getting in the way
I'm working to find a balance
but running only 2 out of your 5 scheduled runs
Doesn't scream balance, now does it?

I would need to plan
To be creative
I would have to run on Sunday
Sundays are special
We go to church both morning and evening
The afternoon is spent at an extended family dinner
8 adults
7 kids
4 families
We are blessed to be so close both in miles and heart

Sunday mornings I also have a wonderful tradition of going for an early morning walk
With gals from our church

Where do you sneak a run in that?
Pre-dawn run it would be
A run before my 6:30 walk was in order

When the alarm went off, I thought it was a joke
But no matter how hilarious the hour, I had to do it

Ran the College,
An old run of mine- from when I first started running
It was sentimental
Sentimental College run
But it was also freakishly early for a Sunday
Done with sentiment, I had to change things up
Went the OTHER way- down 30th to main
Rather than my regular up 30th to Pinion
I'm one to look down on a route because of perceived traffic
This was a stretch for me
A good yoga like stretch
Breathe in, Breathe out
Almost cringing the turn from English to Pinion
I closed my eyes as I took the turn.

Guess what
I was wrong
English to pinion to college
Is WAY more comfortable
Than say---
College to pinion to Dustin

The bike lane was dreamy wide
The quasi running path next to it
Almost 'groomed'- nice and flat
Thank you 4 wheelers!

I thoroughly enjoyed this little run
Goal was 4-5 miles
Snuck in 6

Just in time for my walk with the girls by the river
And it did not disappoint

I am so blessed

Berg Park Walk

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

13.1 Montage

It's happening

Stretch