Run because you can- 13.3-15.6miler

Saturday
Sherry miles

I chose to run alone

Had to

I planned my route
Well, the backbone of a route anyway-
A route with options

Only one thing was certain

I was running a road I'd seen while driving the past week

Knew it would be the highlight

I had 14 on my chart, making it an early start.

My run would be alone, but I would end my run at the coffee shop-
Meeting up with BlueSkyGirl and RunningMommaOf2
_____________________________________________

Now for the run down

Woke up early,
Tried to be as quiet as possible so as not to wake DH
Woke DH
Told DH to go back to bed

Banana
Access bar
Toast with butter and jelly
(would have had peanut butter, but we're running low & the kids can't live without it-I can)
Water, Gatorade

Stashed some Sportz Beans

Planned to bring $ for a water break at convenience store, and for coffee!!!

I head out the back

Mile 1 was VERY eventful
Warm up run out of the neighborhood had me realizing I'd forgotten my $ for water break and coffee.
Mini panic attack--- my mind was racing--- I could punt on the water, but no coffee money?
This panic had some sort of chain reaction, the warm up run was now turning into the runs

I'm sure the diarrhea dance was comical as I u-turned back toward home.
I rush to the back door trying the knob-----
(our back door is very finicky, you have to twist it juuuuuust the right way for it to give in and open- it often feels like it's locked, only to have you 'crack the safe' and gain entry)

Only today-----it was locked.
Holy 'I've got to get in that house'- dance ensues, AND now I'm worried DH will have heard the ruckus and think we're being robbed- GREAT

Run to the front- punch in the garage door code-

Yell-"It's just me!!!"

So much for DH sleeping in......

Bathroom dilemma averted,  coffee/water $ retrieved-

And we're off!
It was still dark- so I did my usual run up college to the high school
A couple laps around and the sun begins to peek
Time for Pinion Hills

For some reason, Pinion had me worried about traffic
It's a Bi-pass type road... cars are moving fast
But at 5:30- on a Saturday, there's really none to speak of
It still had me spooked.
Took forever on that road.

My original plan was to run Pinion to Dustin, but I turned off early
Butler it was.
I'm at about 5.5 miles.
About time for a 7/11 water stop
There's something about hitting 5 that makes me run easy
My cadence was ticking right along. felt good.
Then I thought. "What if BlueSkyGirl and RunningMommaOf2 get to the coffee shop before me?"

I fiddle with my phone- Trying to check Endomondo to see where they were mile wise on their run.
Nothing.
I send out a txt blast to check on their ETA....

Of course, this fiddle-farting around has me walking.
Just then, my brother in law, aka Marathon Mike, runs past - yells a hello and is off up the steepest hill I've ever seen, at a full sprint.

Doggonit!

Why is it he always catches me walking!

Must start running.

Down Butler
I chide myself for the texting walk break
Promise never again to text and run---it's bad for your pace don't cha know---- bad bad bad

Forgo water break
(Not smart- I would pay for later)

Turn onto 30th
Head to 'The road'

I was tired, but I simply could not wait to run this little stretch of road I'd yet to run. It was quaint and provincial... rural almost. Lined with trees. Trees can be scarce in our town... we celebrate them.

On I ran....
Man, does 30th go on and on and on and on and on.....

And then,
Sigh

The Glade























It was better than I imagined.
Big stretch of road

Beautiful.

The run after that became a blur
somewhere around mile 8:

1.
I realized I was dizzy from lack of hydration. Stopped at a 7/11 off the beaten path.  Got a pineapple coconut water.... I think that is my new all time favorite.. this is my second time having it mid long run.

2.
I realized Endomondo (my iphone gps app) was trying to 'one -up'  Penelope (my garmin).
Mileage between the 2 was dangerously off.

Kept running.
Chose a bit of a short cut to coffee

Short cut turned into a long way around due to my mad directional skills
Wander

Finally on the right track, I head toward coffee
Endomondo puts me there at 15.6
Penelope, a more modest 13.3

Either way, doesn't matter.
I  got to run the Glade

Met up with BlueSkyGirl and RunningMommaOf2,
Took a pic of them with their Sherry bibs







I was reminded again-
How blessed we are to be able to be out-

Run because you can.......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

13.1 Montage

It's happening

Stretch